Before starting to write anything about my relationships, I want to blame the society for every mistake I made. I want to blame the educational system for the lack of philosophy as a subject(which i think is very important for anyone who passes through a bad relaionship). I want to blame our ancestors for creating so called rules of life, demanding us to bahave in a particular fashion in any relationship.
The one thing I have always noticed is, we think the same way, before and after a relationship. We consider ourselves wiser than,those who are in a relationship. Before and After a relationship, we look at those,who are in a relationship, and wonder, how can someone possibly talk to one single person , over the phone,for 5 hrs in one shot. What can someone possibly talk about for 5 hours......or more important how can someone possibly listen to one single boring voice for 5 hours.
Yet I have found myself doing that, while i was in a relationship. And I dont know about others, but, those 5 hours used to be the most insecure period on any day. Insecure to the extend that, I used to end up uttering "I love you", a few dozen times, in a couple of hours. Like, if I dont repeat those magic words in every 108 minutes, (courtesy to LOST series) , something really bad might happen.
But relationships are beautiful and that is the very reason why, your first relatinship changes your perpective. Till your first attachment, you were free and happy. And then you experience something new in a relationship. And then you break up. Now it is near impossible to go back to your first phase of being attached to noone. You are going to think about and dream about and feel sorry about the one you broke up with, And sometimes you are even going to blame your ' ex' for all the problems in your life. Till you are in a new relationship. And when you are, suddenly it is too easy for you to forgive and forget your first mate. And they say, time cures everything. Well I think it is our ego. We need someone who is good enough to admire us. We need the concept of 'that someone' to boost our ego. To reconfirm ourselves that, we are important too. Then we name the relatioinship with 'that someone' as 'marriage' or 'love'. Just to make sure that, 'that someone' will always be there to admire you. As long as it is 'two-way ego boosting' , the relationship will last. The moment it shifts from 'two way boosting' to 'one-way-responsibility', the colour of the relationship changes.
Being critical doesnt mean, I am immune to any of these. I have been into relationships and i am sure thsoe things will happen again. But I know that, this is the only way to live life to the fullest. Falling hard sometimes and standing up again.
No comments:
Post a Comment