I have always believed in destiny. I've always trusted in a higher calling. I have always imagined myself, first getting spoiled with money and luxury and women and then, after, having that higher calling, something that is larger than life. And then, I choose to leave everything behind, that a normal man would ever desire for, in his life. But so far, I never got spoiled enough and now I am starting to see that I might never recognize a calling.
But what exactly is a calling? Is it something that you experience while may be during and after a lethal accident ? Knowing that life is so fragile and there is no surety about tomorrow and whatever you want to do, you have to do it now. Or is it the feeling that you are so special and you are supposed to lead on and the whole world is just waiting to follow you ? I guess I will never know. There are things we are always too young to understand.
Well may be, just may be, calling is what you feel, when you see a beautiful kid out in the street carrying trash. It proabably is the feeling of responsibility,you feel towards someone you do not even know. It probably is the wish to care about that helpless angel. May be it is knowing that, you need to do something to change what is wrong out there.
But we all, including me, are much more comfortable ignoring these higher callings. May be we need so much courage to pursue such a calling. Well God says, "show me what you care about.....defend what you believe in.........celebrate your doings.............."
No comments:
Post a Comment