Thursday, May 22, 2008

A bag full of dreams

I am a salesman. And I sell dreams. I walk around with a bag full of dreams. I open it up to anyone and everyone and show them how beautiful they are. And then I ask them do you want to have my dreams ? Do you want to share them ?
I always wonder, how 'great teams' work ? How 'great teams' sustain. Conflicts arise all the time even within a group of friends and we all know how hard it is to tackle even the silliest of problems. Putting that into perspective, what would be the answer to my question, how 'great teams' build up themselves. The answer, to me, is , they all share the same bag of dreams. It is like, each and every member having the very same dream, but is just unaware of that fact. It appears like, every other member of the team is working for your dream. And still each one believes that, its his dream and his dream only.
I sell dreams. As with all salesmen, I get rejected all the time. I get beaten up on the street. I get discouraged in the eve, everyday. And I promise myself, I wouldn't do it again. But with every new sunrise, I get up and start selling again. Because every morning, I say this to myself. "This is what you are. This is where you belong. This is the only thing that you have. ... a bag full of dreams..."

No comments:

Which topic do you like the most ?