This is "FakeMe". I write softwares. [And I suck]. I hate what I do. I hate my P.L. I hate the account I am in. I seek happiness near coffee-machines or in the canteen. I try to forget about my fate, by flirting with chicks. Instant Messenger and proxy sites are my best friends. I want satisfaction from my work. I want my learning curve to be sharper. I want a developement project. I want to write SAP on my resume. I want release from this maintainance work. I do not want to be a PL. I do not want to refresh the tool that says, "you have a new ticket in the queue. Please acknowledge". Everyone I know is going onsite. I too deserve a chance. Sometimes, I think, may be I should go for an MBA Degree. But I am too lazy to prepare. May be I should stop working. My PL might get irritated and release me.
The whole world outside my industry, thinks I am a geek. I am not. I do not even exist without Google. And anyone, trust me, anyone can do the work that I do.
I want to be a creative designer. No..No.. I want to be a monk. Nah... I might want to be a photographer. I am in my early twenties but am thinking of starting over. Going back to college and choosing art instead of science. May be literature or poetry.
I might be destined to do some social work. Let me join the corporate social responsibility group. Let me visit orphanages and spend time with children. I might feel better.
I want to do a lot. But I end up doing nothing. FakeMe is just a fake.
4 comments:
This is the exact "You", two years ago :-)
hey this seems to be a story of everyone in the world. I should say ("Matrix")
May be this is because the organizational goals are no where alined with those of the associates..
may at times we are also a bit selfish..
what ultimately matters is...
if we are really doing what we are here to do....?
we need to find what we are meant to do rather what we are desinged("Hardwired") to do and then do it without stopping for anything else.
Then we will never have to work anymore and we will not hate our boss...
Since you had brought up the question "are we really doing what we are hard-wired to do?", let me tell you a story.
A long long time ago...in a galaxy far far away....:-)
It seems that a man had gone to the tailor to have a suit made cheaply, but when the suit was finished and he went to try it on, it didn't fit him at all. Complaining that the jacket was too big in back, the right arm was too long, one pant leg was too short and three buttons were missing, the man was justifiably upset.
"No problem," said the tailor, "just hunch your back, bend your arm, walk with a limp, and stick your fingers through the button holes and you'll look just fine!" The man contorted his body to fit the suit and feeling duped by the tailor, he left. He had not walked one block when he was approached by a stranger.
"Who made that suit for you?" asked the stranger. "I'm in the market for a new suit myself."
Surprised, but pleased at the compliment, the man pointed out the tailor's shop.
"Well, thanks very much," said the stranger, hurrying off. "I do believe I'll go to that tailor for my suit. Why, he must be a genius to fit a cripple like you."
Funny? But what if I tell you that it's exactly what our school and education system did to us ?
What if I tell you that, it's exactly what our careers and our day to day jobs are doing to us ?
awesome story...hahahaha :)
u r a amazing story teller....
bravo!!
Post a Comment