I think, I read it in a SuperMan Comic,that "you cannot make anyone like you. you can only make them think that, you might be worthy enough to be liked, with your doings". This makes sense more than ever. We all tend to believe that everything is under our control. We achieved everything that we have ever achieved because we are special and talented. We did everything ourselves. We are the "DOER". People like me because I am good and smart. People hate me because they do not know me well, or they are misunderstood.:-) I guess I am giving the dictionary defintion of the word "ego".
Does it really work that way ? Today, I doubt it. Coming to think about it, I have been loved and hated by the people around me. If you ask me, I really do not know the reason. I have been loved for reasons that I really cannot explain to a third person. I have been hated for reasons I do not even believe exist. I have been praised for doings, that I am not even sure, did really matter. I have been criticized for things, I still believe in.
Do I really control the things that happen to me and around me ? Or things just happen ? If things just happen, without any real control over it, what am I doing here ?
I definitely hate to believe this philosophy. I want to believe that I am a fighter. Even while things are going down, I want to believe that, I am going down fighting.
One thing is for sure. There is not much value for my ego, on this planet. After all, who am i, in a crowd of around six billion people.
1 comment:
you've become wiser since the last time I saw you :)
Post a Comment