This would also come under absolute and pointless stupidity. And honestly, when this happened, my heart, literally stopped to beat.
The time was, when I joined my first company. The Consultancy Services company. I used to be extremely naïve and mischievous [not that I am any different now], and there was not much work for freshers like us. Too much boredom has its own effects.
And, of course, there was this charming girl, who joined with me. And I was, as always, seeking opportunities to impress her with my humor or creativity or intelligence or whatever I thought I had. But as with everything that defies the rules of nature, I also didn’t know something so terrible would happen.
It was a Friday Evening, and I was too bored and I was unable to digest the truth that, I might not be able to see her for the next two days. I did not want to call her during the weekends, as that might project myself, too needy. [Which of course I was].
So it began. I called up her extn, and told her that[in a different pitch and accent], I was calling from the Infrastructure Department and that she had to shut down her PC for an Anti-Virus Installation. She bought that and she was shutting down the PC and packing up her things, while I decided to go up to her with a magazine in my hand and a stupid smile on my face. I asked “ hey dear…u r leaving ?”. She looked at me and said “were you the one who called me up ?”.
I will never forget that moment. She stood up and in her remarkable high pitch she shouted “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME ? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME”
Damn, what did I do ? Everyone in the floor now is standing, looking at both of us, wondering what I did. I wanted to shout back, “hello everyone …..I did nothing [I didn’t touch her]”. But I was so frozen. For a moment I was wishing myself to see my name in the obituary list.
Of course, moments of my life
1 comment:
trust me guys... he's stil like that...
Post a Comment