First of all, for those who do not know who Jerry Seinfeld is – He is, or rather was, a stand-up-comedian. Who stands in front of a big crowd and keeps on telling jokes for a couple of hours. His ultimate goal, and the success of his career depends on whether people laugh at his jokes.
I definitely am not a stand-up-comedian. But I guess I know what it feels like, on his shoes. And I presume, almost all boys would know. We have all tried to make HER laugh [with or without much success] .Still, I am not sure how and when we started believing -‘women like funny men’.
Just like Jerry, we are all under a lot of pressure while pursuing this goal. Sometimes they just don’t laugh. Sometimes they give a tough look, “try harder you stupid”.
Worse, and I hate this the most, sometimes they give you a sympathy smile. Like we are all born incapable of making any jokes of her standard. And almost always, the sympathy smile follows with a topic change. And that’s how you know that it was a sympathy smile.
One good news there, is that women are not originally funny. Of course they do try sometimes, but most of the time they are busy playing target. And there is another type, who would defend your well-intended joke with logic. Before you even realize it, you are in an extremely intellectual argument with her.
Someone once said, superman is the funniest person on this planet. He has super power, super intelligence, super speed. He must be having super sense of humour. Imagine a day, when the world no longer needs superman. All the bad guys are behind bars and people don’t really care about technology or advancements where intelligence is required. The only thing that superman can now sell is his humour. Superman is not that a cool guy anymore. He is standing on the platform, sweating all over, trying to make us laugh. Well, sometimes, we just don’t laugh.
I definitely am not a stand-up-comedian. But I guess I know what it feels like, on his shoes. And I presume, almost all boys would know. We have all tried to make HER laugh [with or without much success] .Still, I am not sure how and when we started believing -‘women like funny men’.
Just like Jerry, we are all under a lot of pressure while pursuing this goal. Sometimes they just don’t laugh. Sometimes they give a tough look, “try harder you stupid”.
Worse, and I hate this the most, sometimes they give you a sympathy smile. Like we are all born incapable of making any jokes of her standard. And almost always, the sympathy smile follows with a topic change. And that’s how you know that it was a sympathy smile.
One good news there, is that women are not originally funny. Of course they do try sometimes, but most of the time they are busy playing target. And there is another type, who would defend your well-intended joke with logic. Before you even realize it, you are in an extremely intellectual argument with her.
Someone once said, superman is the funniest person on this planet. He has super power, super intelligence, super speed. He must be having super sense of humour. Imagine a day, when the world no longer needs superman. All the bad guys are behind bars and people don’t really care about technology or advancements where intelligence is required. The only thing that superman can now sell is his humour. Superman is not that a cool guy anymore. He is standing on the platform, sweating all over, trying to make us laugh. Well, sometimes, we just don’t laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment