I want to say this as loudly as I can. This is not a blog meant to demonstrate philosophical concepts. As you all know, the author of this blog is a fake. And fakes do not often make good philosophers. They would rather make good politicians. That is 'Fake Me', in its purest form.
Fake Me has now started giving free tips on how to succeed in this competitive world of professionals. And we start today.
Rule 1 - Politics is not bad. It is just Politics.
First of all, start beliving in this. Consider it as a game. And as with every game, there are rules to be followed. Imagine , positioning yourself in a strategic position, in front of your manager. In front of your managers' manager.
Everything is fair in this game, as long as, you get the right visibility.
So how do we do that? Demonstrate that you are important. Appreciation from your supervisor is good. Appreciation Mail from your foreign client is better. And how do you get that. Simple. Ask for it :-)
We all get opportunities to talk to our clients. We all get chances to help them in one way or other.[It could just be updating one row in a stupid table]. And the client[possibly a business guy] might think you are a born genius. But he may not be proactive enough to say that infront of others. Your job is to motivate him or her to do that.
Being a fake, also has made me shameless. I would ask for anything that I want, to anyone. [I try to do it in a very sophisticated manner, though]. I have dared to ask my client over phone and over a chat tool, for an appreciation mail. He would start like "Hey thanks a lot by the way. Your solution helped me complete the report in time" or "Bingo...you are a magician" or "Woww..... how did you do that" . These are opportunities. I would go like "Thats great.... I'm happy to see that you think high of my work. And I would really appreciate if you could put that in a mail.." Trust me , these are questions for which "No" is not an answer.
Try this a few times. Your client will learn that you really appreciate appreciations :-) And he will learn to be proactive too.
3 comments:
hmm...nice thoughts..
and true.. trust me....
I am wrighting this comment just because he keeps on asking me to do that...
yep..thats true...I keep on asking. That was the whole point right ? Tactics in a professional world. Ask for anything that you want :-)
Hey!!
I loved the way u have expressed ur thoughts, u have really got something special....
Keep it up..:)
Post a Comment